VHF Marine Radio SRC Courses Online
The minimum qualification required to control the operation of VHF Marine Radio and Digital Selective Calling (DSC) equipment on any British flagged vessel.
Duration: Approximately 10 hours of online study are required for the practical exam and a brief written part.
After the course the exam will be with radio simulators and also include a short written test.
Course topics include:
- The basics of radio operation
- The correct frequencies.
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Making ship to shore telephone calls
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)