Yachtmaster Ocean Course
Últimas plazas disponibles
This course is ideal for holders of the Yachtmaster Offshore certificate who are preparing their first ocean passage.
- Minimum seatime: Ocean passage as skipper or mate of watch. The candidate was fully involved in the planning of the passage, including selection of the route, the navigational plan, checking the material condition of the yacht and her equipment, storing spare gear, water and victuals and organising the watch-keeping routine; During the passage a minimum non-stop distance of 600 miles must have been run by the log, the yacht must have been at sea continuously for at least 96 hours and the yacht must have been more than 50 miles from land or charted objects while sailing a distance of at least 200 miles. Please see the ‘definition of passage’. All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- Certification required: RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence. An RYA/MCA Coastal Skipper Certificate is not qualified.
You will learn how to find your position by the moon, stars and planets although the course covers weather, passage planning, watch keeping and much more.
If you are working towards your Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence, completion of this shorebased course, prepares you for you for the written exam.
Duration: 40 hours with one exam paper. We offer it as an intensive week-long course.
Form of exam: Oral and written assessment of sights take at sea. If you hold the Yachtmaster Ocean shorebased certificate you are exempt from the written assessment.
Course topics include:
- The earth and the celestial sphere
- Practical guide to use and care of sextant at sea
- Meridian altitudes
- Sun, star and other sights
- Ocean passage planning
- Prior to the course your navigation skills should be at the standard of the Coastal
Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore shorebased course.
- If you are working towards your Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence,
completion of this shorebased course exempts you from the written exam.
We will also help you in organising the oral exam when you are ready!
|Type||Start date||Finish date||Schedule||Exam|
|SHOREBASED||16/11/2020||20/11/2020||From 9 am to 6 pm||21/11/2020|
|SHOREBASED||11/01/2021||15/01/2021||From 9 am to 6 pm||16/01/2020|