Yachtmaster Ocean Course
Últimas plazas disponibles
This course is ideal for holders of the Yachtmaster Offshore certificate who are preparing for their first ocean passage.
You will learn how to find your position by the moon, stars and planets although the course covers weather, passage planning, watch keeping and much more.
If you are working towards your Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence, completion of this shorebased course prepares you for you for the written exam.
Duration: 40 hours with one exam paper. We offer it as an intensive week-long course.
|Type||Start date||Finish date||Schedule||Exam|
|COURSE||04/11/2019||08/11/2019||From 9 am to 6 pm||09/11/2019|
|COURSE||02/12/2019||06/12/2019||From 9 am to 6 pm||07/12/2019|
|COURSE||17/02/2019||21/02/2019||From 9 am to 6 pm||22/02/2019|
Course topics include:
- The earth and the celestial sphere
- Practical guide to use and care of sextant at sea
- Meridian altitudes
- Sun, star and other sights
- Ocean passage planning
- Prior to the course your navigation skills should be at the standard of the Coastal
Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore shorebased course.
- If you are working towards your Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence,
completion of this shorebased course exempts you from the written exam.